search

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How To Fix Broken Goclever Tab i70 Android Instalation

If your Goclever Tab i70's android software has been damaged for some reason, and the only thing you can do is bang it against your head, then here is how you can make it come back to life again.

1. Make a hard reset - press the reset button on the back cover. If no luck, proceed to step 2.
2. Prepare your micro SD card:
3. Make sure you have card reader that works correctly with big microSD cards (4, 8, 16GB..). For this operation you need only 1Gb card. Remove all removable flash drives from your computer. Leave only your microSD card.
4. Delete any partitions on it. (right click on My Computer / Computer ->Manage->Disk Management-> select your microSD card and click the X button on top, select Yes)

5. Download latest software http://download.goclever.net/serwis/tab/tab_i70_am.zip (you might want to check for a newer version on Goclever's website ).
6. Unzip it.
7. Run IUW1.2.exe from the  extracted content.
8. Select Boot Disk, then browse for the software file I70_22_AM.ius
how to create bootable android image
IUW screen

If you have left only your microSD card in your computer, then there is only RemovableMedia1.
9. Press Burn
10. After the process is complete, insert the card in your charged Goclever tab i70 and press Power button.
11. If all went as it should, just touch the screen to start the install process.
12. When finished the tablet will ask you to eject the SD card and to reboot it.
13. To make your SD card usable again, just delete the current partition and create a new one with the card's full size. It must be in FAT32 format.
14. You're welcome :)


P.S. This procedure is very similar with most tablets with Android Froyo. It might help you understand how to do it with your specific device.

22 comments:

  1. I've tried this, but software don't recognize my mSD card.

    Tried formatting, deleting partition on 2 cards and nothing helped.

    None of them was HC, both 2gb size.

    Using Windows 7.

    Is there any other method to burn it to card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try removing any flash drives or other removable disks before everything. Goclver's software often confuses the right drive letter with some other removables (even if they are empty).

    If it fails again - try it on another computer (preferably - WinXP).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem as Zoran Antolovic and I've tried it on 3 pc win xp, vista and 7 and still nothing, not some other program to burn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing is that the software itself is buggy - sometimes it works sometimes it does not. After 10-15 attempts i was able to make it work.. somehow. As far as i remember - try to make Removablemedia1 your only choice and press BURN whitout touching this field. Unfortunately i don't have the device any more, so i cannot recreate the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything went fine, but after restarting it still wants to calibrate the tablet and then turn off. what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remove SD card from the slot.

      Delete
  6. Hey I dnt knw what version of the GoClever andriod tablet I'm using , the touch screen won't work .. How can I fix this if I can't touch the screen? I tryd the calibration but it st dsnt work .. Plz help

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the screen is damaged or the touch part of it is not working, maybe you can try plugging in a usb keyboard. Before reflashing you must know your exact model - usually found on the back panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it worked beautifully. i was surprised at how quick the os installation on the tablet was. also, the boot-image program didnt work for me on windows 7, i had to perform the operation on my old xp desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Большое спасибо, все работает !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I have a Go Clever R83.2 tab and basically it won't move past the startup android logo. Will the steps you describe above help me? P.S. it runs android 4.1.1 jellybean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how did you solve your problem? i have the same tablet and same problem :-(

      Delete
  11. i have a Go Clever R83.2 Tab too, and i have the same problem... :-( the startup android logo is like frozen. i dont know whats the problem. it worked perfectly this morning and now nothing works. please can someone help?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Same as described right up and computer not recognize the tablet.
    If somebody solved please share how to proceed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. same here i tried everything with no luck i thought my tabI70 is dead i bought adapter and micro sd 4b but at last i burned to 1gb micro sd with usb adapter and at last then appeared screen without the error message installation damaged..

    ReplyDelete
  14. try using the back button and volume buttons together when the tablet is stuck on the boot up screen then pick the first option it was in chinese for me but worked the second time you will need to change the language in settings back to english hope this works regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that sorted my one.

      Delete
  15. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to return once agakn since i have book-marked it.
    Money and frededom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich
    and continue to guide others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I know this iis off topic but I was wondering if you kknew of any widgets I could add to my
    blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in lke this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience ith something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I llook forward to your new
    updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's up, constantly i used to check web site posts here
    in the early hours in the daylight, as i love to learn more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do not even know the way I finished up right here, however I believed this submit was once great.
    I don't understand who you might be however certainly you aare
    going to a well-known blogger if you happen to are nott already.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete